What are Insulating Concrete Forms System (ICFs)?
Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs) are forms or molds that have built-in insulation for accepting reinforced concrete. Which are special formwork blocks for interior and exterior walls made of expandable polystyrene (EPS) that have EPS, plastic or metal inserts molded in as spacers or ties between the internal and external insulation. The (ICF) blocks are easily assembled on the building site by locking them together and then, after adding reinforcing steel, filled with concrete .Steel, concrete and polystyrene combination creates a strong structure, especially with no leakage of water from the concrete; . The end result leaves you with a high-performing wall that is structurally sound, insulated, strapped, has a vapor barrier and is ready to accept final exterior and interior finishes.
Why would you consider building with ICFs ?
Here are a few of the best reasons to build with ICFs:
• Thermal and Sound insulation.
• Immediate energy savings.
• No special labor or tools needed.
• One step to build and insulate.
• Simple inside/outside finishing.
• Used for virtually any shape or floor plan.
• Superior fire resistance.
• Higher resale value
• Fire Resistant.
• Speed construction.
• Lightweight blocks.
• No need for carpenters and wood.
• Easy to absorb water pipes and electricity connection.
• Build Green with ICFs Protect the environment.
(I .C.F) is a cost-effective material for commercial and residential foundations as well as multi-LEVEL buildings.